Saturday, May 22, 2010

My husband is a philistine.

I tried to watch Moulin Rouge with him tonight. About 20 minutes in he claimed it was the third worst movie he had ever seen. I let him go about half way through because he was checking Facebook updates on his iPhone every three seconds, and it was terrible and distracting and I cried by myself.

I think at one point husband may have been a romantic, but I think that point was about five years ago. Whatever.

In other news, coming off of hormones sucks a big bag of dicks, as my roommate might say. Seriously. I didn't really imagine that I would even notice a change, considering how small of a dose they are, but this weeks has been trying for me. The first day I had a really strange headache and felt like I was in a fog. Then the past several days I have been grumpy as all hell, and in the mood to pick a fight with everyone. The other night I told husband it might be best if he went out with friends, because I was in such a mean mood, and then I think I complained that he didn't make me dinner.

I also had to go shopping for feminine hygiene products for the first time in approximately ten thousand years and I think it took me twenty minutes to pick out panty liners. I AM NOT USED TO BLEEDING FROM MY VAGINA. And I don't like it. Even though all I'm doing right now is spotting. God help me if I get an actual period. Looks like yet another reason I need to get pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Progesterone is the worst for me. I read that it blocks serotonin receptors in your brain, which can make depression/mood swings worse. Evening primrose oil has helped even out my cycle each month. Everybody is different, but it might be worth a shot. I've also heard it can help you get pregnant by increasing your cervical fluid. Hugs from a supportive (or at least pretending to be supportive) partner help, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...