Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weighty Matters

And now for a slightly heavier post... literally.

Tycho had his nine month well visit on Monday. I was expecting it to be quick and easy; we didn't have anything worrying us to ask about. Tycho seems happy and healthy and developmentally on track... and big. 29 pounds big. His being big in itself isn't a concern, but the way he is growing might be. His growth curve... doesn't actually curve. It's still almost a straight line heading off into oblivion. His gain hasn't slowed at all. Every time we see the doctor he is in an even higher percentile.

We've been referred to a pediatric endocrinologist. What a mouthful. Doc says that he doesn't think anything is wrong, but it is best to be sure. I agree, yes, but also... I don't even want to think about it.

Yesterday Ashley asked me if I had googled what might be wrong with Tycho. Strangely, I hadn't even thought to do that. She said that she did, and told me not to.

The pediatric specialty unit is busy. I called them with Tycho's referral today and made an appointment. The very first opening they had is an entire month away. A month is like, ten percent of Tycho's entire life! How are we supposed to wait a month in this horrible limbo?

So I googled today. I think I am bad at the internet or something because all I get is like ZOMG BABY DIABETES I bet you filled his bottle with Coca Cola! So. I'm pretty sure that's not our problem. I don't know.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with him. He's happy and he eats healthily and still breastfeeds on demand and yeah, he's chubby, but he's not flabby. He's strong. He babbles and moves and learns and he is perfect and harumph.

I thin it's going to be a long month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...