Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mount Rainier


So now that other business is out of the way, I have time to tell you about the trip Kyle and I took to Mount Rainier on Wednesday. First of all, we are not outdoorsy people. Well, that's not exactly true. I like the outdoors quite a bit. I like hiking, and seeing new places. And I catch insects, for crying out loud. But I don't camp. Day trips are my friend. Or at least give me a cabin with electricity and hot showers and possibly internet. I need to blow dry my hair. And Kyle, well, he's even worse. He loves being outside, playing sports and things, but the majesty of nature? Forget it. And he hates being too hot or too cold, and bugs? Freak him out.

I've been trying to get him to take me to Mount Rainier since, oh, before we got married, two years ago. He's only lived here for a little while, and hasn't seen a lot of the cool things our area has to offer, and I wanted to go and... finally we planned the trip. It's quite a few hours drive from Seattle, so we had to get an early start. I drove so Kyle could nap in the car.


 It was a perfect day for this trip. The sun was out and the skies were blue and it was warm even though we were at 6300 ft. Maybe a little too warm, and I had planned for it to be slightly more chilly, so we were in long pant, which may not have been the best idea.  Even so, it was beautiful.

We hiked along one of the trails, and I thought it was wonderful and amazing, but there were lots of bugs out and Kyle was hot so he was freaking out a bit, and we ended up turning around pretty early. My husband is a big baby.


After we finished our hike we found a pinic bench to eat the lunch I packed for us. I was feeling particularly housewife-y the night before, so I made Kyle PB&J sandwiches with the crusts cut off, a roast beef sandwich for myself, and I cubed up some watermelon. Add some chips, cookies, and lemonade, and it was a really nice meal.

Kyle drove home and took much glee out of using no gas coasting down the mountain. I of course fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. I put my feet up on the dashboard, too. Hubby hates it. :-)

    Looks like a fabulous trip. Can I have one of those PBJs?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...