Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

Daddy was able to feel you moving for the first time last night! You've definitely been kicking strongly enough for a while now, but you seems to quiet down every time he puts his hands on my belly. I think maybe you find his touch calming. He has big strong hands, so it's possible.

You kept me up most of the night with your kicking. You are very active these days, and I feel you all the time. As frustrating as it is not to be able to fall asleep, I still love it. I love the constant reminder that you're here with me. I am always thinking about you and talking to you. I hope you can hear me!

You are getting so big! You and me both. I keep being surprised on almost a daily basis by how quickly things are changing, and how fast we are growing. I'm glad that I can see your presence from the outside now, since we won't be able to peek inside again.

I am doing my best to prepare for your arrival. You now have your very own drawer in my dresser, and I am starting to fill out your wardrobe. You are going to be a very well-dressed little boy. Daddy and I got another car, one that is bigger and safer and warmer for you. Next we are going to figure out who is going to take care of you while we go to work. I will miss you when I am working, but I know you will only benefit from having even more people to love you.

Our friends and family are really excited for your arrival, too. Many parties are being planned in your honor, to help  get ready to welcome you to the world. And next month we are all going to Ohio to visit your grandparents and great-grandparents and assorted aunts and uncles and cousins who are all oh-so-excited about you. You will be the very first born of your generation! We will take you there again once you're on the outside, too, so that you can meet everyone face to face.

I can't wait for July and for you to be here! I love you!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...