Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cookies, and their tossing.

This growing a person business is starting to get more difficult. The morning sickness thing was okay for a while. The nausea was pretty mild and intermittent and I could handle it. And the barfing was quick and relieved the discomfort. Not so anymore. Yesterday morning I spent so much time puking that I had to leave for work without doing my hair or makeup. And I'm the kind of gal who always does my hair and makeup. Horrible florescent bile. I know this is extreme TMI, but I have to get it out of my system. Ick ick ick. Also, I cry when I vomit. Involuntary reflex. And I get puffy when I cry. And I remain puffy, for oh, twenty four hours or so. All in all, not such a good chain of events.

Anyway, for the first time yesterday, queasy acid-stomach feeling was not relieved by the up-chucking, and I was left with this horrible sour feeling all day. I tried to eat various breadstuffs to soak up the ick, but that didn't work at all. Since it was slow, I left work early, thank goodness, because I felt like I was about to pass out all day.  I felt a little better as I was eating the soup I demanded Kyle prepare for me, but the goodwill ended as soon as the bowl was empty.

I woke up this morning feeling slightly less awful, but definitely not entirely better. I tend not to have puking problems on days I let myself sleep in, but things are still unsettled. Great. I really fear that I won't feel un-pukey again for the next six weeks. A scary thought. The heaviest workload time of year is upon us, and then I'm spending a week in Paris, and I do not want all of this the be overshadowed by barf.

Pregnancy. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry. I don't know how women work through that kind of "morning" sickness. I hear that it tends to peak at 6 - 8 weeks. Stress and lack of sleep made me nauseous in the first trimester. Have you tried sipping gatorade throughout the day? I know it's not the healthiest thing out there, but it helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sipping anything throughout the day is difficult when I'm out on the sales floor or what have you. The lack of sleep thing is definitely an issue for me. I feel much better on days when I allow myself to sleep in, instead of waking up to my alarm clock. Unfortunately, duty calls, and there's not really much I can do to avoid that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...