Saturday, August 6, 2011

2 Weeks!

Tycho is two weeks old today.


I can't really believe it.  So far motherhood is very surreal. I feel like this is all make-believe, or maybe some kind of lovely dream.

    

Things are simultaneously  far easier and far more difficult than I expected. Even though I've never been a baby person, caring for him just seems natural and organic.I'm lucky that he seems to be an easy-going little man, and that we've gotten underway with breastfeeding with only minor hiccups.

At the same time, though, I seriously underestimated how much this would take out of me. Between labor and being his sole source of nutrition, I am spent, and not in the sleep deprived way I was expecting, either. My body just feels totally run down, and even small excursions are leaving me exhausted.


I'm working on typing up my birth story, but it's slow going when I only have one hand 90 percent of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...